Having a nice lawn is a pretty simple thing. To make it thicker and healthier, you can overseed. This consists in spreading soil and new seed over an existing lawn.
You only need to follow these basic rules:
- Determine which areas need new seed.
- Add organic lawn soil first.
- Spread evenly with a rake.
- Spread the seed manually or using a spreader.
- Compress with a lawn roller or with your feet.
- Water and add lawn fertilizer.
Know that a certain level of moisture is required for germination. Also, avoid seeding in the middle of summer. Fall is the best time, at least 6 weeks before the first frosts.