How to calibrate your fertilizer spreader
If your spreader is not listed here, you can determine which setting to use by conducting this simple test:
- Read all directions and precautions on the bag.
- Weigh out enough of the fertilizer to cover 100 m2 and put it in the spreader. (Bathroom scales will help you do this.)
- Set your spreader on a low setting. (Usually one quarter of the way open is a good starting point.)
- Spread the material you put in the spreader over 100 m2 (10 m x 10 m) [1076 sq. ft. (33 ft x 33 ft)].
- Ideally the product will run out when you get to the end of the 100 m2 area. If you have a little left over, increase the setting slightly. If you don’t have enough to cover the full 100 m2, reduce the setting slightly.
- Write the setting and product name on a piece of tape and apply to the spreader for future reference.
We recommend that spreaders be re-calibrated periodically.
LAWN FERTILIZER SPREADER SETTINGS