To make those, no need to grate cheese and everyone will be thrilled to create their own. It's a festive, balanced meal that's sure to be a great success!
Servings: 4 pizzas
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Making the pizzas
- 4 naan breads
- 1 small block of sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 sweet pepper (colour of your choice)
- ½ pack of mushrooms
- 2 large sliced bocconcinis
- 1 tablespoon of sliced olives
Garden tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 4 large tomatoes (diced and drained)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- Pepper if wanted
- In a medium pan, brown the onion and garlic in olive oil. Add the other pizza sauce ingredients and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Remove from heat and purée using a blending attachment. Leave aside.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 375 °F.
- Prepare the pizza toppings and place the various ingredients at the centre of the table so they're easily accessible by all. Everyone makes their own mummy pizza: sliced bocconcini and olives as eyes, sweet peppers as eyebrows, a nose or a mouth, and cheese to mummify it all.
- Place the four pizzas on a large cooking plate and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has started to brown.
It is possible to use commercial pizza sauce or a can of diced tomatoes instead of tomatoes for a quicker version of the recipe.