If you love horticulture and are looking for an original Valentine’s Day gift with a touch of spring, our floral paper project is just perfect!
YOU WILL NEED
- Pieces of paper (+/- 4 cups)
- Food processor
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Piece of mosquito screen
- Rectangular cooking plate
- Flower seeds (to choice)
- Dried flowers (to choice)
This recipe can be made with a bread maker or food processor, or by hand.
- Place all pieces of paper in a large bowl.
- Add water (enough to submerge the paper) and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pieces of paper from the bowl (keeping a little water) and grind using the food processor.
- In the meantime, place the mosquito screen over the cooking plate.
- Pour the paper mixture over the mosquito screen, and then place a sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Using the rolling pin, press the mixture lightly to remove as much water as possible.
- Scatter the surface with flower seeds and dried flowers.
- Once more, press the seeds lightly and smooth out delicately.
- Remove the parchment paper and let dry.
- Once the paper has dried, cut out in the shape of a heart.
This floral paper can take any shape you like and can then be planted directly in soil. Isn’t it amazing?!