Grow from seed! Spring is the perfect time of year to start planning your garden. For plentiful vegetables, start seed 6 to 8 weeks before the last frost.
Here are 5 good reasons to start seed indoors:
- It's less expensive! You will save money vs. buying plants. You can also produce your own seed!
- Greater choice: there are a lot more varieties to choose from vs. plants. Also, some vegetables are only available in seed.
- More interested in organic vegetables? Nothing could be easier with organic, chemical-free seedlings.
- Controlling quantity. Instead of buying a pack of 6 zucchinis at your garden center, you can choose the exact number of plants you want to grow.
- For fun! Start gardening early, a few weeks before spring, all from the comfort of your home. It will be all the more gratifying as you will control the quality of your plants right from the beginning.
For optimal results, use PRO-MIX PREMIUM ORGANIC SEED STARTING MIX, which contains ingredients approved for organic growing as well as an organic fertilizer.