Have you decided to start seedlings this spring? Here are 6 tips to ensure easy transplanting in your garden:
- Start your seedlings 4 to 8 weeks before the last frost for transplanting in your garden.
- Take notes! This aspect is often neglected but is very useful for any gardener. Don’t rely only on your memory and keep a written record of the place where you purchased your seeds. Monitor them and note their progress and yield. This will save you time next year by making the right decisions immediately.
- Store your seeds in a place appropriate for their survival - ideally in a cool, dry space, protected from light, such as a refrigerator.
- To improve the chances of successful germination, place your seedlings in a place where the temperature ranges from 18 to 23 degrees Celsius.
- To obtain a relatively constant humidity rate, use a plastic film on the surface of your pot and, if possible, supply your seeds with water through the drainage holes located at the bottom of the container.
- After germination, indoor seedlings must be placed near a window facing south. Turn your seedlings slightly every day to strengthen them and maximize their exposure to sunlight.