MYCOACTIVE is a Premier Tech proprietary technology based on an exclusive combination of high performance active ingredients and precisely selected components allowing for the stimulation of plants, including grass, and/or the control of pests and diseases in lawns and gardens.
All PRO-MIX products contain a unique natural ingredient called MYCOACTIVE. This biological plant stimulant naturally boosts a plant’s ability to grow stronger and healthier. It reduces plant stress and helps it survive even in a variety of extreme conditions.
For gardeners using PRO-MIX with MYCOACTIVE this means less work and more time to contemplate their dream garden!
Here’s how it works. The microscopic organisms actually attach to the roots of the plant and form a network that becomes an extension of the root system. These feeders collect moisture and nutrients from the soil that would otherwise be unavailable to the plant.
The network also enhances plant resistance to severe weather conditions.
All of this keeps the plant healthy and that means it grows better. For the gardener, this means less work but really good-looking plants.
In exchange for the sugars and vitamins the plant provides, the mycorrhizal fungi bring food and water to the plant and therefore the plant is better equipped to fight off pathogens and diseases. Plants are more resistant to stresses in their environment so they grow bigger, healthier and are more prolific. Years of independent research in fields, nurseries and greenhouses have showed that soils enriched with the MYCOACTIVE ingredient found in PRO-MIX products provide the following growth advantages:
- Asparagus yields increase by more than 220%
- Pepper yields increase by 28%
- 14% more carrots
- 23% more strawberry runners
- Onions are almost 1/3 larger
Potted Flowers & Foliage Plants:
- 25% of Geraniums bloom earlier
- Boston ferns produce 50% more cuttings
- Gerbera daisies flowering increases by 33%
- 23% more strawberry runners
- 25% more branching with Salvia and Coleus
Trees and Shrubs:
- Ash trees grow 32% taller
- Magnolia trees have 21% more vigorous stem growth
- Common junipers grow almost 2/3 larger.
MYCOACTIVE (Mycorrhizae – Glomus intraradices) benefits plants by improving acquisition of water and nutrients (particularly phosphorus, copper, zinc, and manganese), increased resistance to stresses related to transplanting, nutrition and drought, improving plant survival after planting into gardens and field soil and increased crop vigor, plant quality and quantity of flowers/fruit.
- Improving acquisition of water and nutrients (particularly phosphorus, copper, zinc, and manganese);
- Increased resistance to stresses related to transplanting, nutrition and drought;
- Improving plant survival after planting into gardens and field soil;
- Increased crop vigor, plant quality and quantity of flowers/fruit.
† Results obtained from independent plant growth trials. Individual growth results may vary to a degree. Additional results and details are available. *Grows Plants 20% Bigger Guaranteed Than Other Premium Soil Brands.